This year our spinning guild held a group challenge called "Bag It!". Back in November you were to provide 8 ounces of ready-to-spin fiber in a plain brown bag. The bags were shuffled and handed out to all participants (with the organizers keeping track of whose was whose) who then were to make a bag or vessel by any method they chose and return the item to the original person. I discovered some lovely Blue Faced Leicester wool dyed in dark shades of blue. The spinning was quick and fun, but then the yarn sat for some time (*cough*April) until I found a pattern I
The Booga Bag looked pretty easy and I made a few changes (more rows, more rounds) to make mine a bit bigger than I thought it would be if I strictly followed the pattern. The pattern calls for you to make I-cord for the handle but making the bag bigger robbed me of sufficient yarn to do that. Instead I built a small pocket into the inside of the bag and found some nice cording at JoAnn Fabrics to be handles. And beads - I had to jazz it up with some silver and pearl beads.
I had pictures. I really did, and it looked great. Somehow I had a serious brain cramp and erased them to make room for something else.
The bag was