The fiber I bought at the NEFF a couple of weeks ago to finish the Multnomah shawl has been spun up and washed. The fiber wasn't as nice to spin as I had hoped and when washed it bled red like a wounded animal but I think it will work OK for just the last row or two of the shawl. I swear the skein is not as red as the picture makes it seem. I tried in natural light, artificial light, with and without a flash and have decided that either the camera sees red more strongly than it actually is, or my eyes don't see red as strongly as it really is. :-/
Maybe I can make it look like I planned the border to be a different color. Yeah, that's my story. I've tinked back the section that I had bound off with the original yarn and will press on with the new color next time I pick the project up.
Lately I've been busy in the day working in the wool shop washing and dyeing Cotswold.
I've got a brown/chestnut, a black (that broke into black and deep purple) and a smaller amount of vermillion. I'm going to have Diane at Acorn Works use her magic to give me a three way swirl roving. I haven't delved much into dark or earth tone colors so the brown and black are an experiment for me. Here's hoping!