Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Need More Time.....

...to get done all that needs doing.  I've decided that there should be 2 more months squished in between July and August and I would be in better shape.

We did finish first cutting hay last Sunday.  Almost 5,000 bales, mostly after July 4.  Waiting on second cutting alfalfa but we need rain to bring it on.

In the meantime, I should be working with wool (and I AM, really!) but guess what else needs attention?

Blueberries!


Great, big, fat, sweet blueberries.

LOTS of blueberries!


Many bushes of blueberries.........

About half the bushes......


I can't say it's too much of a good thing because I could eat these until I look like Violet in the Chocolate Factory .  And they freeze like a dream so there are pies and cobbler in the distant, wintery future.  Hard to imagine winter when it's currently 83 degrees IN THE HOUSE.  Sheesh.


You can tell it's hot when the cats flatten out like they were hit by a steamroller or go to extremes to catch a breeze.  Yesterday Dexter accidentally pushed the screen out and fell into the bushes.

Into the bushes - Ha ha, very funny.  Try wearing fur all summer - see how hot YOU get!


Oh, boo hoo.  Cry me a river, kitty.  I'll be out there, picking berries.





3 comments:

  1. I'll tell you what, YOU take care of all of your other things you have to do, and I'LL take care of your blue berries. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's something even I'd get picked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll trade you some of those blueberries for the blackberries I'm drowning in! I've made jars and jars of jam and am freezing berries for winter cobblers. I don't want to say too much of a good thing, but.....

    ReplyDelete