Thursday, February 2, 2012

The February Challenge

My friend Sara from Punkin's Patch is just about the most artistic, creative, clever person I know.   She's also wired like me, in that sometimes we work much better to get a job done with a deadline or inflexible NEED staring at us.  This month she has thrown down the proverbial gauntlet (Oh great - one MORE thing to pick up off the floor!) and set her blog followers a challenge to Find Five.


For the month of February, find just 5 minutes a day (OK, more if you're one of those overachievers) and do something you've been putting off.  Maybe it's a tiny task that never makes it to the day's priority list.  Maybe it's a big job that you've been putting off because it's....well....big.  But if you can just make yourself do "it" for 5 minutes a day for the whole month of February you'll be doing way more than NONE.

I'm going to start the daily challenges by catching up on written thank you notes.  One a day, maybe two, until I'm caught up.  I've said 'thank you' to everyone at the time and had every intention of following up with a note but haven't. gotten. it. done. 

What's your challenge?  C'mon, you know you can do this!

Thanks, Sara.  I needed this.  And thanks too for saying the challenge DOESN'T have to be house cleaning :-)

4 comments:

  1. I like that. I have a knitting project that has just been dragging along. 5 minutes a day would at least get something done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is WAY more fun with everyone joining in :-D. And what is with all those folks adding house cleaning to their list?!?!? I mean, next I'll be having to cook too ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sheepmom, let me just tell you this blog is really great! It is heartwarming to see somebody loves her sheep and take care of them the way you do. I found your blog through Sara, whom I just found out about on internet, as well, and had some email exchanges with her. I'm living in a big city at the moment but dream about some day have some little sheep and let life be as it is.Sorry if my English, I'm from Hungary :) So I just wanted to say: great pictures, loving words of you! Take care of yourself, and stay as you are! Best regards from Europe...Monika / mormotabarany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not doing so good on the Feb.5 challenge. I'll have to settle down and devote at least a half hour to catch up.

    ReplyDelete