Friday, October 7, 2011

Morning Ritual

Everyone has their morning routine.  After the basic necessities are taken care of, some people start the day with coffee (show of hands), reading the paper (OK, I'm dating myself but some of us still like to hold a piece of newsprint to find out what's new in the region and world), maybe doing yoga or <shudder> running.  After we do sheep chores and have breakfast I sit at the computer desk and get this:

The Morning Nose

Once I sit down Holly gets her Kong, shimmies around under the desk and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y pushes it onto my lap and then waits with her nose on my knees.  Sometimes she waits a few minutes like that if I'm in the middle of typing.  Can't stop and let that train of thought derail, you know.  Then I get up and -oh joy! - stick a diet cookie down into the small end so she has to work to get it out.  She gets sooo happy over a 2 calorie styrofoam-peanut-like doggie treat.

Good dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment